Friday, October 7

adult braces are weird

Just got the braces on.
Free at last! The bottom row is once again straight!
OK so the time finally came for me to get braces. Round three. I literally said 'i do' to husband then 'i'm ready' to the orthodontist. One clean swoop. I've had them on for about as long as we've been married. Andrew was thrilled to see those beautiful brackets be places on his beautiful bride! {i kid.}. Who wants to kiss braces? Plus adult braces are just strange. And totally understanding that I would look like Ugly Betty for roughly 6 months was worth it in the end. I had ONE tooth out of line on the bottom. It had been making it's way to the snaggle position for the past 5 years. And it really bothered me to have just one little tooth like that. You could see it when I talked but not when I smiled. And because I am the type of person who watches the mouth move of the person talking, it made me self-conscious about people watching me talk. Eeek!

Well, I got them off! Yahoo! No more adult braces, or biting into a sandwich only to get half of it stuck in them! No more cutting husband's lips or feeling like a total doof. No more getting picked on by little brother. It's a GREAT day! They are straight and white and all that is good! So come at me wit'cho camera...and i'll show ya the pearly whites. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

sister said...

love the teeth! your so beautiful even before the braces!

Mom said...

Ah yes.....beautiful either way. And Lura did a good job of cleaning them up afterwards. Lookin good daughter!